When localizing your site, the translation of a keyword may not be a good target for SEO. Get more traffic by targeting different keywords in different locations.
SEO keywords that you’re targeting in your language of choice may not be good keywords when translated. So don’t call it a day after translating your pages. Identify which pages and pieces of content really need to rank in the new regions.
Then filter by country with tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush to figure out whether the main keywords for each page would make for good keywords. If not, you’ll have to look for synonyms and do some keyword research with the help of Google Translate.
Then add the new keywords into the meta title, meta description, URL, h1 title, and body. And don’t forget your hreflang tags. If you’ve got the resources, it’s obviously a good idea to run everything by a native speaker — you can do this with services like Blend or Textbroker.
We created the DEEP DIVE to give small, family and start-up businesses news and insights they can actually use. Coming at you 3X a week with self-written news, insights, relevant experiences and curated news links. Reply ‘CREW’ to the confirmation email after signup, for a FREE version of our daily planner. Subscribe now.
- SEO is developing rapidly and this SEO Glossary is an extensive list of 150+ SEO terms and helpful resources you must know if you are in the SEO game.
- Where To Post Your Product is a curated collection of 280+ websites to share your startup. This list is carefully enriched with type, topic, time to publish, free/paid, difficulty, domain authority (by Moz), traffic volume & top country (by SimilarWeb), Majestic trust and citation flows. It’s a wonderful resource.
- @Hiten Shah — Rome wasn’t built in a day, but they were laying bricks every hour.
- @Tyler Tringas — Many forget step #1 of producing great content: do interesting things.
- @Vedika Bhaia — Unpopular opinion: for plan A to work, don’t have a plan B.
- The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act. The harder you work, the luckier you get.
@Paul Metcalfe — Focus is the superpower.